• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE SF2 Adjustable LCA's

caz

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys.. I've been looking around and can't find the answer to my question. I am currently running Rusty's 4.5" w/ his adj lca's... They are horribly loud at the joints and I'm wanting to swap them and my uca's out. I'm wanting to go with RE's but wanted to know what to expect out of them. Will they put out any noises? clunking? etc? Rusty's are horrible in the noise dept and I just don't want to go down that road again. At $260 or w/e, are there any better options out there that will give me a decent ride and good performance? Any opinions welcome.. thanks.

Did you try re-tightening all of the bolts? Are your control arm bushings on the front axle in good shape? Mine was making lots of noise and it was a combination of the bushings being shot and some bolts that worked loose.

Yeah... they're all tight and all the bushings are in good shape. The clunking is coming from the joint. I contacted Rusty and did a good bit of reading after they were on... This seems to be a common issue. I don't have the jamb nuts which supposedly help a little... but still...

Any more opinions are appreciated... I am wanting to get these ordered as soon as possible :d I might just guinea pig it :)

I used to run them, they are much better than the Rustys, my buddy had so many problems with his rubber/rubber rustys he re-did a bunch of the steering thinking that would fix his problem, same wandering, finally upgraded to drop brackets and sf arms and all problems went away, a great way to go IMO.
Chris

Work fine for me.

new_arms.jpg

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Back