• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-C Drop...?

XpedientJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have LCA-bracket braces I expect to get around to installing soon, so this would be the time consider the real need for the existing transfer-case drop....that, since the rig had 6.5-7.5" lift when I purchased it, and now is down to about 4.5". It does have an SYE, also.

I expect to install a belly pan at some point(either TNT or the DPG unit), and I don't know how it will accommmodate the TC drop.

With the SYE, and at only 4.5" or so, is it likely to be fine without the drop???

Thanks for the input...

No drop needed at all. It is the whole reason for fitting a SYE in the first place.

The TNT pan has very little room for error. In fact a worn trans mount will cause contact. May need a new rubber mount or maybe consider poly if you can find one. Great kit though.

The drop technique is questionable anyway since it then causes stress on the entire exhaust system, to include promoting the dreaded cracked manifold. I say get it back where it belongs and do things right (which you have).

Two more questions, please:

1) The LCA bracket braces will, obviously, give an effective 1/4" drop... I
assume this is of minimal impact/concern...?

2) Presumably, the belly pans such as the T&T or DPG units, ELIMINATE the
stock crossmember?

Thanks.

Thanks, Y-M...

One more:

The LCA bracket braces need to sit up against the 'frame' to mount properly... Do the belly pans make any provision for using the braces in conjunction??

Back