• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailer wiring to outside 94 XJ

Engine One Eight

NAXJA Forum User
I searched but did not find any tips. I'm hooking up a trailer wire kit behind the left panel. What's the trick way to get the wires from inside the body to the outside?

Thanks

Engine One Eight

Thanks, I found the plug, covered in 13 years of road grime. I have the harness through and can now legally pull the striper boat to the river with lights!

Engine One Eight

When I installed my trailer harness, everything connected to the left taillight from inside the cargo area, so I just coiled up the wiring and zip tied it together behind my spare tire.

When I have to tow something, I just run the wires out the tailgate and shut it.
Keeps the harness inside the vehicle till needed keeps the connectors clean. :eeks1:

Wolf said:
When I installed my trailer harness, everything connected to the left taillight from inside the cargo area, so I just coiled up the wiring and zip tied it together behind my spare tire.

When I have to tow something, I just run the wires out the tailgate and shut it.
Keeps the harness inside the vehicle till needed keeps the connectors clean. :eeks1:

X2, keeps the harness in good condition. Nothing like having your brake and rear lights stop working from a corroded harness.

Back