• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Compressor placement

C85D4x4

NAXJA Member #1311
Ok guys, I finally went through with it

Im getting ready to get/install arbs front and rear
and im wondering what are the different places that you have put them

I searched and found the normal places to put them, I was planning on placing it under my back seat,
But I would like to see if there are any new spots that you guys thought of to place them.

And this is probably going to be getting the larger arb compressor

Pics would also be nice.....but if not that’s fine

Thanks guys,
Chris

I put mine under the rear seat I was have a hard time finding enough room under the hood and other spots were it would not be in the way. Also on the driver side of the rear seat at on my 98 there were already holes in the body with plugs to run the line through.

We are just about at the point we need to mount my ARB compressor as well (larger one). I'm pretty sure it is going inside the passenger side "cubby", after trimming out the plastic like EricsXJ did his (there is a nice pic in his book, perhaps he will post it here). I think either there (using wasted space) or under the rear seat are the two best places.

if you don't have ABS...

IMG_0566.jpg

i have since installed an airflow snorkel that uses this area. so for the time being, it's located on the stock spare tire carrier floor mount.

Several things to consider:
The ARB harness may have to be lengthened
The compressor gets pretty hot if you are inflating tires
You would have to leave a door or rear hatch open if inflating tires,that sucks during bad weather or BUGS

Mines under the hood next to the MC with the air chuck pointing out over the fender.

I had mine next to air intake filter box, under the hood; fit nice, but had to move when I "remoted" my oil filter. Here's a pic of its new home. A little trimming required to fit it here, but it goes in without problems. It's no noisier now, than it was under the hood.

puma4py4.jpg

OOPS!!

I had mine next to air intake filter box, under the hood; fit nice, but had to move when I "remoted" my oil filter. Here's a pic of its new home. A little trimming required to fit it here, but it goes in without problems. It's no noisier now, than it was under the hood.

arbcargo3is8.jpg

I decided I wanted mine inside to keep the dirt and heat to a minimum and to also be able to hear it when operating. Since my spare is mounted to the floor the old spare location made sense. The plumbing goes inside the side panel and if it needs servicing, I loosen the compressor and rotate downward.

arbcomp1.jpg

Up close and personal

arbcomp2.jpg

mecompco said:
We are just about at the point we need to mount my ARB compressor as well (larger one). I'm pretty sure it is going inside the passenger side "cubby", after trimming out the plastic like EricsXJ did his (there is a nice pic in his book, perhaps he will post it here). I think either there (using wasted space) or under the rear seat are the two best places.

:thumbup:

Here's the picture:
oba56.jpg

Here's the write-up:
http://www.ericsxj.com/oba.htm

I've not been happy with the performance of this wimpy little compressor. Have had numerious problems, including a full rebuild when the cheap plastic / pot metal valves died...

compres.jpg

Depends on what you're going to do with it. I use mine for the AirLocker and that's it. I think it's too small to reliably serve as an air source. The co2 bottle gets the the job of tire inflation and tool running.

Back