• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tough axle paint

I cover mine with dirt and mud over a shot of rustoleum on the welds.

rocks will win over anything you put on there. Just use something cheap and keep it touched up if you wish.

I've had pretty good luck with the duplicolor ceramic engine paint (not the header paint) in black. Seems to stick vary well right out of the can. I accidently got some on the shaft of one of my shocks and imediatly tried to wipe it off, and it wouldn't come off.

i used some heavy duty industrial stuff (think it was from krylon) its a semi-gloss black.

i picked gloss over flat cus it wont let the mud and crap stick to it as easy as the flat will.

about two cans of that and it looked good...till i hit the rocks...now it looks like crap again..(no paint will hold up to rocks IMHO)

just use some cheap high gloss what ever.

Ramsey said:
rocks will win over anything you put on there. Just use something cheap and keep it touched up if you wish.
X2.
A good primer basecoat and them Rustoleum Hammered Finish paint outa the can. Easy to touch up, and I don't feel bad when it gets dragged out the rocks.

ps_stopsrust_hammered04.jpg

Back