• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed new header, what are these leftover nuts from?

teookie

NAXJA Forum User
Help! Installed my new APN header last weekend and I have two fairly large nuts left over after I was done. What could they possibly be too? The only nuts I remember taking off were the two that secure the intake and exaust to the block which I definetly got back on there, and the two that secure the header to the downpipe, which I replaced. What other nuts would I of had to take off to replace the header? I'm stumped!!

Just starting simple: Did the new header come with any new bolts?

teookie said:
Help! Installed my new APN header last weekend and I have two fairly large nuts left over after I was done. What could they possibly be too? The only nuts I remember taking off were the two that secure the intake and exaust to the block which I definetly got back on there, and the two that secure the header to the downpipe, which I replaced. What other nuts would I of had to take off to replace the header? I'm stumped!!

So, you replaced two nuts on the downpipe? Are those the ones?

The header came with new nuts and bolts. I really had four nuts left over after the install, two of wich were replaced with the new hardware, and two more that I can't account for.

I reall can't think of were they came from, and I'm pretty sure that it's not a big deal. But it is really wierd to have leftover hardware though... I wonder what it came off of?

teookie said:
The header came with new nuts and bolts. I really had four nuts left over after the install, two of wich were replaced with the new hardware, and two more that I can't account for.

I reall can't think of were they came from, and I'm pretty sure that it's not a big deal. But it is really wierd to have leftover hardware though... I wonder what it came off of?

well, there are only 2 studs on the head for the header, so im assuming those

from the connection to the downpipe would be my guess. I didn't need mine and had 2 left over.

Nope, not here either. I pulled off the two original nuts and replaced them with new ones. But like I mentioned earlier, I actually had four nuts left over after the install, two of which were from the old header-downpipe interface, and two from who knows where. :)

Did you remove anything else like the power steering pump when you did the install?

Ok, to keep all the teenagers from having a hayday with the word "nuts", we will from now on call them fasteners...

Yes, the power steering pump came off, but I do not beleive that there are any "fasteners" other than bolts holding it on.

I'm begining to think that these leftovers are from something else... like mabye they fell out of my tool box or something?

Sorry, just gotta ask...............how many beers during the install. Thats usually the reason I can't remember where my nuts go.

teookie said:
Ok, to keep all the teenagers from having a hayday with the word "nuts", we will from now on call them fasteners...

Yes, the power steering pump came off, but I do not beleive that there are any "fasteners" other than bolts holding it on.

I'm begining to think that these leftovers are from something else... like mabye they fell out of my tool box or something?

the power steering is held on my 3 bolts, around 4" long.

the only 4 "female fasteners" that i can think of that have to come off to swap the header are the front and rear studs for the header, and the 2 on the header to down pipe flange

maybe they send you some for dropsies

Back