• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overhead console temp question

bizkit642

NAXJA Forum User
Mine read 131 degrees earlier, and now all it says is SC.

Anyone know? I tried searching.

-Andrew

IIRC, that means the connection is open. The sender is dead-center behind the front bumper, and may be disconnected. I'll look around for my FSM and see if I can get a correct answer.

Jim
www.yuccaman.com

Yucca-Man said:
IIRC, that means the connection is open. The sender is dead-center behind the front bumper, and may be disconnected. I'll look around for my FSM and see if I can get a correct answer.

Jim
www.yuccaman.com

Thanks, I do appreciate you checking greatly!

-Andrew

Sorry it took so long to find the CD...jrock is correct that OC would mean an open circuit.

If any portion of the temperature sensor circuit
fails, the thermometer display will self-diagnose the
circuit. An “SC” (short circuit) will appear on the display
module in place of the temperature when the
sensor is exposed to temperatures above 55°C
(131°F), or if the sensor circuit is shorted. An “OC”
(open circuit) will appear in place of the temperature
when the sensor is exposed too temperatures below
-40°C (-40°F), or if the sensor circuit is open.
Does it still show that message, or is it back to normal operation? It's not uncommon to have that climb if you are stuck in traffic or on a trail. Had mine show 128* on a 70* trail one day...just sitting there with no air moving behind the bumper to cool the sensor back to ambient.

Jim

Still reads SC.

haven't really had time to look behind the bumper yet. Suppose I should do that.

-Andrew

Back