• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ flares - need more info

fuzzydog

NAXJA Forum User
running 6.5" lift and 33 x12.5 - 15 on 15X8 rims and I need to get these suckers covered up or I am going to be paying the cops.....

I was considering the bushwacker cutouts but I am almost cured of that idea....almost......

I don't mind the looks of the tj flares but haven't seen too many details about them - just that a lot of people like them.

So what is the deal with TJ flares:

Do they give more coverage than stock cherokee flares? how much?
Is there just 'one' rear TJ flare? what I mean by that is - are you guys putting on 'stock' flares or some sort of aftermarket.

Really appreciate any info guys (and gals) as I've put so much into my jeep and would really like to get out there playing now.

Been covered numerous times. You have to search. I've read that TJ Rubicon flares are 1 inch wider than stock XJ flares, but don't go by what I've heard.

with all due respect - I did search (can't search tj though) and well...like I said came up with lots of references to "go with TJ Flares", and " Bushwackers suck, TJ Rules" but no specifics

Do I just go to a dealer (argh, my heart) or FLAPS and ask for 2 left side rear and 2 right side rear TJ flares?

i hate to hijack but any one ever heard of or seen a xj with bushwacker tj flares??? i am going big meat and need the coverage. just a thought.

Back