• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar options

ktm racer 419

NAXJA Forum User
I need more beef than the TnT system. In 4 months of use I bent the H-D mount twice and sheared 2 bolts. What size bolts does the rock krawler unit use? how about kevins tracbar system?

does anyone have any other options worth looking into?

WOW.....

I'm afraid to ask how!

Something custom made may be your only option if your that hard on your junk. How did you bend/break that without bending/breaking your front axle?

i would like to buy a bolt in unit as of right now because im sick of fabricating, but it appears that custom is my only choice.

xjcrawlr said:
WOW.....

I'm afraid to ask how!

Something custom made may be your only option if your that hard on your junk. How did you bend/break that without bending/breaking your front axle?
x2,cant even imagine it.Might consider looking at your driving style!

please elaborate on how you bent the mount... its made of 1/4" steel. and what bolts did you sheer?

i just got the tnt set up with 35's, dana 30, HD full heim steering, ive only managed to loosen mine up a bit.

Sam how did you bend that trac bar set up? thats one of the biggest trac bar set ups I've seen

I have the same one I jump my rig 10 ft in the air and have not bent or broken that thing since I replaced the bogus rustys one.

might want to look into making a brace from one side to the other. I have the brace left over from my old rustys one bolted to the new TNT one seems to work out pretty good

Peace Phil
9147.jpg

Last edited:
i've been very hard on my XJ and run the T&T trackbar setup. i have sheared a number of bolts, but can't even imagine bending the bracket.....i would like to see how it was bent.

as far as a stronger setup, you aren't going to find one that is bolt on......what you need is a custom setup at this point. obviously the bolt size is an issue for you like it was for me, so you need to use a joint that uses a different size bolt....and you just aren't going to find that in a bolt-on upgrade

any leads on where i can get a joint that will accept a larger bolt but still fit in the bracket? and a rubber bushing for the axle end which would accept a larger bolt. the bracket bent right at the corner where it sits on the unibody/frame at a 90* angle. All the bolts were tight too with some blue threadlocker.

I simply left the trail and my steering wheel was upside down. I will probably just bend it back and reinforce it with some 1/4".

I run a bigger bolt then stock on the axle end and just pushed the TNT bushing out and used a rustys trac bar bushing for the axle end

ill vouch that he bent this thing multiple times and i was just as astounded haha

i was there, there wasnt even any thrashing involved

i have the same unit

i think it will be more ridged meaning the bolts will snap easier because of less unibody flex.

What bolts are you breaking the ones under the motor mount?

If it's those bolts I bet they are snapping off from the side to side motion with no brace on that trac bar.

they wouldn't make it if it wasn't need is some areas

my buddy has the full traction long arm kit that has a pretty stough trac bar and it has a brace but I think the TnT one is bigger. just don't know why they don't make a brace for it

good luck

im buying the parts to build my own, gonna be beef, if i break it i will cry

Back