• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget Boost

Nothing wrong with adding a budget boost to the 3.5" lift. What are the specifics on the 3.5" lift for the rear?

At 3.5" of lift you can use stock brake lines, at 4.5 or more you will want longer brake lines. You will probably also want at least a YJ style slip yoke (so you don't max out the Yoke at full droop).

Depending on the condition of your stock springs I would recommend different options for the rear budge boost lift. Really I would prefer to see a custom rear spring pack with an assortment of leaves, no lift block, and not a really long shackle.

Michael

PS. YOu can fit 33's on a 3" lift if you trim enough for moving the stock flares or YJ/TJ flares.

2xtreme said:
Nothing wrong with adding a budget boost to the 3.5" lift. What are the specifics on the 3.5" lift for the rear?

At 3.5" of lift you can use stock brake lines, at 4.5 or more you will want longer brake lines. You will probably also want at least a YJ style slip yoke (so you don't max out the Yoke at full droop).

Depending on the condition of your stock springs I would recommend different options for the rear budge boost lift. Really I would prefer to see a custom rear spring pack with an assortment of leaves, no lift block, and not a really long shackle.

Michael

PS. YOu can fit 33's on a 3" lift if you trim enough for moving the stock flares or YJ/TJ flares.

It has new RE 3.5 leafs!

2xtreme said:
At 3.5" of lift you can use stock brake lines

Not if you have a ramp monster like mine. :D Look out Scratch and Dent BBQ

I recommend The GM brakelinesl. Perfect fit :scottm:

littleblue88 said:
It has new RE 3.5 leafs!

In that case, I would use a BB with shackles not blocks or AAL's.

Do you have a RE 3.5?
No. He has a Dakota? Bastard pack.

I Did have to do a SYE though
It is unlikely that you will NEED a SYE. That is why I recommended the YJ yoke or Rusty's Yoke. You will need to make sure your driveline alignment is all good, but the longer shackle might fix that all up for you without any other shims. You will only know once it has all been put together and driven. Do plan on a YJ yoke though. Thinking about that, I believe I have a spare I would let go for a song if you are interested PM me about it.

Michael

33x12.5 BFG's, flex is o.k. i guess....
BROWNSCAMP038.jpg

100_0890.jpg

littleblue88 said:
Do you have a RE 3.5?

I have RE 3.5 Super flex front and Dakota bastard pack with a 1.5 lift shackle in the rear.

I have also trimmed all of my suspension mounts to free up any available droop. I want my coils to fall out like Michael's:piratefla

Hans

Megawatt said:
Impossible. Those 26" wide tires will hold them in.

Wouldn't those wider tires help the axle droop (all that extra weight outside further away from the center line of the axle)?

I guess not if the bumper helps keep them up :D

Michael

Back