• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibes when rapidly accelerating

Combatcm

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a BB on my 2000 cherokee. After the install I noticed it would vibrate around 20 to 30mph only while accelerating. I suppose it wore itself in and it stopped vibrating like that after a few weeks.

When rapidly accerating I sometimes feel a vibrating noise that seems to come from the t case. It happens when starting from a dead stop.

I was wondering if this was normal for the slip yolk to vibrate like that and only while getting on the gas. I just want to rule out any other tranny problems.

thanks

sounds like you have the typical drive line vibes. You can get a SYE or a t-case drop, either would help to reduce the driveline vibes. I am not sure a SYE would be needed on a 2" BB, but I could be wrong. I know that a t-case drop is highly frowned upon by some guys, but others run them and have been getting by fine for years.

Check the ujoiunts if they are worn and you change the angle of the shaft they can vibrate.

Sounds to me like spring wrap. It acts sort of like a low frequency vibration only when accelerating hard. If it does it alot you need to fix it or it can cause the springs to break off just in front of the spring perch.

Back