• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick Crawfords Question...

uncc civilengineer

NAXJA Forum User
How far is it from Trail 1 (pay station)..

My cousins rig is "road worthy" but not street legal (no tags)... We could always throw a tag on it but it still wouldnt look legal...

Thanks,
Chris

It's not that far. Maybe 5-6 miles. Just hang in the middle of the pack while driving to the trailhead and you should be fine.

Although I must say that I don't condone driving a vehicle on the road without insurance. As a matter of fact, I believe that insurance and tags are required in all National Forrest ORV areas, including Tellico. You should get with your insurance company and let them know that it will only see minimal road use, and mostly offroad use. Just a "recreational" vehicle. They should be able to hook you up with a cheap insurance policy that will cover you in case something unexpected happens while out on the trail. Or you could check with Grundy Specialty Vehicle Insurance. They've got CHEAP insurance for these types of occasions. Just think seriously about it, man. What would happen if, heaven forbid, you guys ran over a little kid while out there on, or heading to the trails? Who do you want the parents coming after? You, or your insurance company?

Georgia Mike said:
It's not that far. Maybe 5-6 miles. Just hang in the middle of the pack while driving to the trailhead and you should be fine.

Although I must say that I don't condone driving a vehicle on the road without insurance. As a matter of fact, I believe that insurance and tags are required in all National Forrest ORV areas, including Tellico. You should get with your insurance company and let them know that it will only see minimal road use, and mostly offroad use. Just a "recreational" vehicle. They should be able to hook you up with a cheap insurance policy that will cover you in case something unexpected happens while out on the trail. Or you could check with Grundy Specialty Vehicle Insurance. They've got CHEAP insurance for these types of occasions. Just think seriously about it, man. What would happen if, heaven forbid, you guys ran over a little kid while out there on, or heading to the trails? Who do you want the parents coming after? You, or your insurance company?

Better yet we'll just create a LLC and only have the jeep listed under it... no really anything could happen but hopefully not.

Mike is right the FS has it posted that you ahve to have min coverage. Liability mainly.

Tags, insurance,:roflmao: Heck, just don't get caught with a cooler full of cold ones...they do stop and look in your coolers...it use to be a fine of $50 a can...including the empty ones!

Georgia Mike said:
I think it ought to be $150 each for empty ones, and they should just make you pour out the full ones.....

:peace:
They do and will. At least that is what I was told by someone who got cought in the forest camping with Beer!

Greenlantern said:
crawfords sells ice right?

they have been selling it as long as I've been going there.

Back