• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driving From the north

Blkxjkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone actually driven into Liberty from the north ( 2 east to 97 south)? I am considering coming down this way and am wondering if it would just be faster/easier to come down to I-90 and then over from there.
Ryan

According to my mapping software. It is 20 minutes faster to go I-90 VS US-2. So I guess it depends on traffic.

What time are you heading down on Thrusday?

We are leaving Ferndale at 7-7:30pm, expecting an arrival around 10:30-11:30pm.

XJourney said:
According to my mapping software. It is 20 minutes faster to go I-90 VS US-2. So I guess it depends on traffic.

What time are you heading down on Thrusday?

We are leaving Ferndale at 7-7:30pm, expecting an arrival around 10:30-11:30pm.

Hmmm, I think we will just come down and go I-90 over, both Michael and I will have trailers and I think 90 is wider and easier to drive than 2

we are tenativley leaving 1-2ish, but maybe a little later. I'd like to be well up the pass before the traffic on 90 gets too bad.

we'll see you guys there
Ryan

You trailering your jeep?

I am trailering too :D not my jeep just my tent

Ryan,
I agree, after looking at it with more detail, I think we are better going over on I-90 and up instead of Hwy 2. Especially with the trailers.

I'll let you know as soon as I have more details on the time ;)

Michael

XJourney said:
You trailering your jeep?

I am trailering too :D not my jeep just my tent

No, I have a small utility trailer that we are putting most of our stuff in. There is not enough room for the three of us, my spare/s, tools, etc, and all the camping gear.

you never had the chance to see how much crap I pack just on my own, let alone with the wife and boy.:scared:

2xtreme said:
Ryan,
I agree, after looking at it with more detail, I think we are better going over on I-90 and up instead of Hwy 2. Especially with the trailers.

I'll let you know as soon as I have more details on the time ;)

Michael

Sounds good Michael

I wouldn't trailer anything over 2, It's fun to drive for the same reason I wouldn't trailor anything, It's windy and bumpy. I think they actually repair the road on I90.

ECKSJAY said:
In which state?

Let me rephrase that, In Washington State I90 is maintained better than 2

WaXJ_Skier said:
Let me rephrase that, In Washington State I90 is maintained better than 2

Better than 2, yes. :D

Last time I drove 2 I wanted to just pull over and cry. I *almost* aired the tires down for that drive.

I have trailered over Hwy 2 many times. Even in the Motor Home and trailering. It isn't that bad. But I must agree I would much prefer to make the drive over 90. Especially since we will have multiple tow rig's and trailers in our little convoy.

Look out for the train coming over I-90 Thursday afternoon/evening!! It's just the NWHBC

Michael

CanMan said:
North West Hill Billy Club?

:D

is that kinda like the "Redneck Yatch Club?"

Blkxjkrawler said:
I told him about the
NWHHCGSRWIN9.o3BC, or whatever it was:pirate1:

Hint:
jeepbeachfieldtrip012.jpg

Back