• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedo quit & airbag light came on

Loose connection. Mine does it too.

I just give the top of the dash a good smack and the problem goes away.

It's easier than taking everything apart to fix it. (unless of course you have lots of free time)

I want to fix it not smack it.
Did your dad sit in his boxers and make you change the channel as a kid?
Any one else have a real solution?

Ok, if you want a "real" solution you are going to need to remove most of the dash. I would highly suggest a manual for this. A magnet rod would be nice too because you will be dropping screws.

Even with the manual you can expect to spend at least a couple of hours talking everything apart carefully. Find the wiring harness behind the cluster of gauges and take it apart and clean the connections with contact "point" cleaner. Then put everything back the way you found it.

Another thing, this problem only happens to me about once a year so the "hitting" solution is much more time effective for me. I've helped my friend take his dash apart on his Ford Ranger to change one gauge light. About three hours later with very sore necks we got it changed, all for one freaking light.

Back