• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OX locker info. ?

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I can't figure this out, but "ox" does not return anything on search. I am considering one (27spline) for my 97 XJ's D30 and wanted to read what others thought of them and what problems they have had.

What should I search under?

Thanks.

Just a question, why stick with the 27 spline shafts? The OX locker is a full case, so buy it in the 29 spline variety, and either get new 29 spline shafts or go to the yard and pull some 29 spline shafts.

87manche said:
Just a question, why stick with the 27 spline shafts? The OX locker is a full case, so buy it in the 29 spline variety, and either get new 29 spline shafts or go to the yard and pull some 29 spline shafts.
Or go buy some chromoly 30 spline dana 44 shafts, have them cut down, and use arbs new 30 spline locker...Some one offers it as a kit called the super 30 or something, I'll look it up when I get home.

Last edited:
OK - The question was about the OX not the Spline counts - :)

I have one and I LOVE IT. Granted it's only been on one run. The only issues I had was running the cable and figuring out where to put the actuator. I found some write ups but none for a 2001.

My only complaint is that you have to be rolling to engage it. Other then that - it's awesome.

Good Luck....

SharkXJ said:
My only complaint is that you have to be rolling to engage it. Other then that - it's awesome.

Good Luck....

What are you talking about? Mine engages fine. I have never not been able to engage it and then had to roll to get it to go. I just pull the lever. It will engage almost immediatly. Mine is in the rear so most of the time I just leave it engaged on the trail.

Dirt Surfer said:
What are you talking about? Mine engages fine. I have never not been able to engage it and then had to roll to get it to go. I just pull the lever. It will engage almost immediatly. Mine is in the rear so most of the time I just leave it engaged on the trail.

The guy I bought it from had to do the same thing. I don't know a TON about OX but all I know is that's how mine works.

Back