• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35 What gear ratio?

First things first, a search would have turned this up...

But it depends on the engine and tranny. If its a 4 cyl it would have 4.10s. If it is a 6 cyl auto its 3.55s, 6 cyl manual 3.07s.

Thats all well and good if this is what came in your Jeep. If you or someone else swapped it in then it may be different. You can jack the rear end up w/ both tires off the ground, and turn the driveshaft. Count the number of rotations of the DS yeild one rotation of the tire. That is your gear ratio. (aka, turn the DS 3.07 times for one rotation of the tire, you have 3.07s)

themangeraaad said:
First things first, a search would have turned this up...

But it depends on the engine and tranny. If its a 4 cyl it would have 4.10s. If it is a 6 cyl auto its 3.55s, 6 cyl manual 3.07s.

Thats all well and good if this is what came in your Jeep. If you or someone else swapped it in then it may be different. You can jack the rear end up w/ both tires off the ground, and turn the driveshaft. Count the number of rotations of the DS yeild one rotation of the tire. That is your gear ratio. (aka, turn the DS 3.07 times for one rotation of the tire, you have 3.07s)

you forgot 2.5L manual should have 3.73.
There were some exceptions with deeper gears with the factory towing package, but not always.

Thanks guys

it definitly wasnt re-geared it was a fleet truck in jersey it was never modiffied from factory specs ill jack it up and check it out but is there a site for decoding the tags on dana axles?

Is the tag even clean enough to read? I know I have never had too much luck with reading the tags I have found, mind you my XJ was beat and the 2nd axle was from the pick n' pull. And the 2.5 manual had 3.73 sometimes, not always, like you said. I have foudn more with 4.11s than 3.73s. But I digress... you can search around here and read the search thread and it will tell ya alot about what to do. Thats all ill say now

Back