• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problem with lincoln mig welder

440swepty

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,
I'm looking for some help on a SP170T Lincoln mig welder. My grandfather gave me the welder and everthing appears to work except the wire feed. When you turn it on and press the button it will actuate the solenoid to give welding gas but the motor to move the wire doesn't run. I'm up for tearing it appart but was looking for some advice first. Thanks, Kevin

If you sell it or give it away now, you'll be ahead of the curve.

Lincoln is for the most part, junk these days. Service is also well below the curve.

--ron

Captain Ron said:
If you sell it or give it away now, you'll be ahead of the curve.

Lincoln is for the most part, junk these days. Service is also well below the curve.

--ron
I just got mine worked on and it was under warranty. Took longer then I liked but it did not cost me anything.

Well, it ain't rocket science--shouldn't be too difficult to fix it yourself.

Got a multimeter?

The manual.....page F-1 has a general schematic. There should be another on the inside panel.

When you press the trigger, you hear the gas solenoid, but do you hear any noise from the motor?

It could be a loose wire, a bad motor, or something with the control board.

If want to fix it yourself, let me know -- I have a 170T

Back