• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Suspension System?

LeftCoastLax

NAXJA Forum User
I've been doing some research regarding a long-arm suspension setup. I want to run 35-37's and for it to still be somewhat tame on the road. The systems i've been looking at recently are the following:

RockKrawler Super 8 Coilover System

Claytons Hardarm w/ coil conversion

TNT Customs Y-Link System

Can any of you who have any of these systems or can attest to them in person chime in on your opinions. I've had claytons stuff on my prior rig and i liked it alot, but i just want to see what else competes. I've heard the RK coilover kit has less flex in the rear then leaf springs, true? The TNT kit doesn't look as beefy as claytons.

So far my plan is to beef up the hp30 and d44, 4.56's, detroit back, cage it, brace the unibody, and go from there. I just need something to get me around the trails for right now, maybe later down the road i will think about hacking and exoing.

I know there is the option of building my own longarms and setting myself up for coilovers in the rear, but i want to gauge how effective these "bought" packages are.

I have tnt longarms up front and i think it is super beefy. The skid plate really works well and the arms are really tucked up so you get a lot more ground clearance.

Back