• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coolant overflow bottle

Cherokid

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where I can get one on Sunday?
(broke the nipple changing the heater valve, DOH!)
Thanks,
Tony
562-883-2544

Couldn't find a stealership with an open parts department, did score one at Ecology, (PAP was a bust!) and I found no less than 3 complete and operational spare tire bumpers if anyone's interested. Was it wagoneers that have a dana 44? 'cos there was one at PAp.
Tony

Cherokid said:
Couldn't find a stealership with an open parts department, did score one at Ecology, (PAP was a bust!) and I found no less than 3 complete and operational spare tire bumpers if anyone's interested. Was it wagoneers that have a dana 44? 'cos there was one at PAp.
Tony

d44 was 86-90 tow package XJs. with 90 being very rare. it had nothing to do with the trim package.

to ID an axle read this
http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/gear1.html#axle

Thanks for the heads up on id'ing the axle. Looks like the bottom side coming to somewhat of a point is what I'm looking for. I'm pretty sure I saw something like that today. Can't remember which yard it was at though.
T.

I just used a generic overflow bottle from some japanese car but I converted to an open system.

Cherokid said:
Thanks for the heads up on id'ing the axle. Looks like the bottom side coming to somewhat of a point is what I'm looking for. I'm pretty sure I saw something like that today. Can't remember which yard it was at though.
T.

best way to ID an axle is :
d35 - all round with no lip on the cover.
8.25 - round with a lip all the way around the diff cover.
d44 - big bulge in the diff cover to cover the ring gear.

GrimmJeeper said:
best way to ID an axle is :
d35 - all round with no lip on the cover.
8.25 - round with a lip all the way around the diff cover.
d44 - big bulge in the diff cover to cover the ring gear.

My axle has a bigger bulge than yours.:flipoff:

Cherokid said:
over compensating for............?

When your ring gear bulge is bigger than your lift then you are not compensating for anything.

Back