• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hack n Tap with Front DS

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Ok, so after talking to some people, I am looking at a second option, how about going with a Hack n Tap and a front driveshaft.....will that option work as well. If so, which Hack n Tap.

Also, pulled my front DS and I have no vibes, so i am assuming it needs to be balanced right....where can i get that done locally?

Open your phone book...

turn to the yellow pages...

turn to the "D" section...

look for "Driveshaft" - if you get to "Dry Cleaner" you've gone too far...

;)

Tony take your ds to JE REEL in pomona the do a great job and they wheel also. They are off of resevior and mission in pomona they have great turn around time.

nascar97 said:
Tony take your ds to JE REEL in pomona the do a great job and they wheel also. They are off of resevior and mission in pomona they have great turn around time.
Thanks stweart...sure enough it looks like it was the front DS causing the vibes.....so I am thinking of balancing it, and using it for the rear, then picking up another for the front..

nascar97 said:

x2

And mention casually that you were recommended by your buddies with NAXJA. I have been trying to get Jim to give us some raffle goodies.

tcm glx said:
Thanks stweart...sure enough it looks like it was the front DS causing the vibes.....so I am thinking of balancing it, and using it for the rear, then picking up another for the front..

Tony, let me know what you come up with. I just took my front DS out and the center cup between the 2 u-jounts exploded. That would explain the lound clunking noise. I have not had a chance to drive it yet because I also have the airbox torn apart, beause I am going to put in a cone type filter and another battery.

Leep said:
Tony, let me know what you come up with. I just took my front DS out and the center cup between the 2 u-jounts exploded. That would explain the lound clunking noise. I have not had a chance to drive it yet because I also have the airbox torn apart, beause I am going to put in a cone type filter and another battery.
will do.......

XJ_ranger said:
Open your phone book...

turn to the yellow pages...

turn to the "D" section...

look for "Driveshaft" - if you get to "Dry Cleaner" you've gone too far...

;)

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

That was funnyyyyyy!!!!!!

E

jeepspeed93 said:
my hack n tap leaks :/
replace your out put seal and RTV your yoke on the splines then post this stuff in tech ( except for the name of the DS Shop )

Back