• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pilot bearing?

1999mj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm swaping a 95 4.0 into my 88 MJ and want to use the stock BA10 for now but it seems Jeep changed the bore size in the crank shaft between the 88 4.0 and the 95 4.0. The Pilot bearing I got with the clutch kit fits the trans shaft but not the crank. (bearing to large) Does any one have a part number of a bearing that will solve this little issue I am having? Any information would be great. Thanks

Not sure specifically but if you can't find an answer you may want to use your old bearing to get an ID measurment and get the OD measurement off the new one (or vise versa depending on your situation) and then call a good competent parts store and it should take about 2 mins with a Bearing and Seals reference, I know from experience.... have enough customers who come in with a what-cha-ma-callit off of a thinga-ma-jig built in 92 by ford with 350 Small block, with 7 cylinders firing off plugs one off compression with a 2 and 1/2 over head cam....you get my drift

They didn't change the crank they just added or deleted a spacer that fits into the crank that the pilot bearing fits into.If the bearing that you are trying to use is too big then remove the insert in the crank,then install the bearing.
Take a close look at the crank....you should be able to see the spacer/insert.

Last edited:
The 95 doner engine was mated to an auto trans. Is there some kind of sleave or bushing I need to get to make this work with the ba10?

Go to Dr Dynos page on AngelFire. He has the part #s listed for the cranks and which one mates to which transmission.

Its under the stroker parts list I beleive.

XJoshua said:
Go to Dr Dynos page on AngelFire. He has the part #s listed for the cranks and which one mates to which transmission.

Its under the stroker parts list I beleive.

Is there a link to his page?

Back