• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

h2 rims

I think you have to bore the centers, not 100% sure though.

They should clear the hubs just fine. I run them on my 3/4 Ton ram/cummins. I've seen them on several rigs /w no clearance issues over the hubs. I had to bore mine SLIGHTLY to clear the unit bearings on the front of my truck.

J

thanks guys, i thought i heard about boring them out. now the next question is, im putting them on my tj with claytons long arm. doing 37x13 boggers. with this much bs on the rims will the interfere with any suspension parts.

I do not have claytons kit, but I have a custom long arm kit with the arms going strait back from the mounts to under the frame rail. My arms are mounted slightly wider than stock on the axle, and I just barely hit the arm when I turn left. My steering is not perfectly centered but I come within 1/4 of an inch when turning right so I have not worried about it. The rear has not caused any problems though. As far as tires go I am also running the 37x13 boggers on mine, and I do not recommend them unless you are just doing mud. They are a good tire, but are 10 ply, so they support the weight of my jeep with no air pressure at all since they are so stiff. This makes airing down pointless unless you have beadlocks. I run mine at 10 lbs all the time and they have not gotten any softer and I have had them for a year now.

Then they might work fine for you. I jsut dont like the fact that they do not flex at all. That picture I posted above was with no valve core at all, and the tire was just barely sitting flat. With 10 lbs of air, the edges of the tire do not touch the ground on the rear, and the fronts barely do.

85cherokeechief said:
I have them on my jeep with the same axles. You have to bore the centers out a good bit to make them fit over the dana 60, but they clear the 44 just fine. I just used an angle grinder to bore out the rears from the backside so they still look fine from the outside. You can kinda see it in this picture. http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2180180390058228491RpTsCD
Do you have any balancing issues with that method of boring?

Would a hole saw work better, or just do the same thing?

85cherokeechief said:
I have them on my jeep with the same axles. You have to bore the centers out a good bit to make them fit over the dana 60, but they clear the 44 just fine. I just used an angle grinder to bore out the rears from the backside so they still look fine from the outside. You can kinda see it in this picture. http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2180180390058228491RpTsCD

Thats a Nice Jeep Man. Whats your overall width?

I have not had any issues with ballancing, I just have 10 oz of airsoft bb's in each tire and they are smooth up to about 55. I have never driven the jeep any faster than that, but I am sure they would still work fine. I am 81.5" wide from the widest part of the tires up front and i think 81" in the rear.

Back