• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clocking ring for the 242?

if you could find a clocking ring for a np231, then that would work since they have the same 6 stud pattern mating to the t-case. the 231 has a different rotation from the factory, tho. i think 13*.

-Tim

.I also had about the same problem-.For what it is worth, I am useing a clocking ring to rotate my ole NP 228 transfer case up to mate behind a Chevy 700-R transmission-If I remember correctly the aftermarket vendor assured me that I would'nt need to do any modifications with his clocking ring but then I had to also re-drill some of the transmission mounting holes and weld the new studs into the clocking ring-So far it seems to have been a good option-HTH
bxj

IIRC a D300 uses the same ring, just get a thin one to allow the splines to engage. I redrilled my output housing and have had no problems.

Back