• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I done broke the drive shaft!

Prowler

NAXJA Forum User
Well I did it AGAIN! Don't know how this time. Was just cruising town. I broke the u-joint but in order to replace the part I need to hold that u-joint in right I basicaly need to replace the back end.

Anyone have suggestions for a upgrade and how do I get this upgrade cheap as possible?

Also I am having oil leak now. It all happened at once. I havent had a full check on where it is leaking from and there is just so much I can't tell where it is shooting out at. It is on drivers side.
What is all possibilities of where the oil could be leaking from over there?

Post some details about your Jeep. This will help others diagnose the problems.

Oil leak on the drivers side:
Clean everything off the motor, top and bottom.
Make sure there is some oil in the motor, then run it
It could be coming from the oil pan or valve cover gasket, cleaning the oil off will help you find the leak.

Do you have an SYE? If so you can replace your rear shaft with your front shaft. I have a leak on the driver side also, mine is from the oil pan gasket. Yours could be that or the valve cover.

What is a SYE? Also this is a problem size leak. Anough to when I was barely getting home yesterday it caused some smoke off the engine.

If it is looks like it is coming off the big part on the engine. The grey part.

Prowler said:
What is a SYE? Also this is a problem size leak. Anough to when I was barely getting home yesterday it caused some smoke off the engine.

If it is looks like it is coming off the big part on the engine. The grey part.
As has been requested previously, we need specs to get an idea what you're driving. There's an 18-model-year production run on the Cherokee, and "the grey part" is kinda vague.

Pics are always appreciated to help pinpoint what you are having issues with.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Back