• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ran a compression test at 200,000 miles...

philip_g

NAXJA Forum User
seemed a little down on power but runs Ok. I'm slowly working on a stroker so Im just curious is all.

1-6, 1 is the front, 6 the rear

#1: 75 on the first go, forgot to floor it, 83 on the second
#2: 110
#3 105
#4 92
#5 100
#6 97

shame about #1 isn't it?

Those are low....but if it still runs good enough and gets past the smog nazis...with a easy driving style, it just might live until the stroker is done...

I've got a 90, I was also low on number one - about 60 and everything else was 130 or higher. Thought it was likely a burned valve, so I pulled it and took it to the (very good) local machine shop. I tell Harry (machinist) I think I have a burned valve. He asks, "is it number one cylinder" then he pulls his rolling cart over to the back of my car, puts the head on it, sticks his magnet on it, shakes a little yellow powder and points to the crack running between the number one intake and exhaust valves. He of course fully tested the head later to be sure, but he said it was a common crack on that head. He moved everything on to a nice casting I got and it's running great. It ran good with the crack, but smelled a little rich and I didn't think it would pass smog.

she passes, I'm at like 6400 feet so I'd expect them all to be a little lower I guess, I don't know.

It'll probably run for quite awhile.

Back