• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guns?

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Can we talk about guns in here? Is that adventure?

ECKSJAY said:
Atta boy, first thread in the new forum is about firearms.

KUDOS

:D

I am awaiting the arrival of my new Springfield XD Compact .45 ACP :yelclap:

Just got back from the range with my Colt 1903 7.65 auto, Taurus Pro 24/7 9mm, and 48 cal cap and ball.

Lots of noise

ECKSJAY said:
Atta boy, first thread in the new forum is about firearms.

KUDOS

:D
I try! I am currently looking at a Tarus .357 for arround $350 and a Springfield 45 for $550. Are those good deals? Or average?

Ghost... I think I'd pass on that Taurus .357
Karen has a Ruger .357 GP-100 we'd probably sell for around $350... KGPF331 (3" fixed sight, 6-shot Stainless) Does SC require a permit to purchase?

JoesXJ said:
I like my Smith & Wesson M&P40 :D

Is it a full size or compact? Wifey Karen got qualified on the full-size at work a few months ago... I was thinking of getting a compact M&P40 for her to carry.

I've owned a Glock 19 and sort of hated it... loved on many a Colt 1911 though...

But she that is the one who'll carry it... her feelings are the one that counts.

woody said:
Ghost... I think I'd pass on that Taurus .357
Karen has a Ruger .357 GP-100 we'd probably sell for around $350... KGPF331 (3" fixed sight, 6-shot Stainless) Does SC require a permit to purchase?
No permit to purchase, they do the standard background check. I am planning on getting a CWP soon just have not had the time ot call the guy. They have a gp there too. The taurus was a compact one. I might be intrested in that 357.

What do you guys think of the Taurus brand? I'm looking to pick up a stainless 44 mag.

I have a bud who owns a gun shop and can hook me up with one at a good price. Probably less than 1/2 what a S&W would run.

since we're on the topic of guns....

my dad gave me this the day i turned 18 and told me he'd explain the story behind it when i turned 21. of course my mom took it from me and hid it immediately :D he passed away before my 19th birthday and i forgot about this until my mom gave it back to me today, and id like to know if you guys could help me ID it, i know its a cap and ball gun but thats about the extent of my gun knowledge. all i know about the gun is what my mom knows, that he "came home with it after a weekend out with the dune buggy guys in the desert." this was back in the late 70s right around the time i was born.

IMG_0678.jpg

these are the only markings i can find on it.

IMG_0679.jpg

\
im guessing its some sort of replica but any info you guys might have would be great thanks

John B said:
What do you guys think of the Taurus brand? I'm looking to pick up a stainless 44 mag.

I have a bud who owns a gun shop and can hook me up with one at a good price. Probably less than 1/2 what a S&W would run.

I have never had problems with any Taurus. Depending on what year Smith and Wesson(the bad years) you are looking at a Taurus is a much better made gun.

Back