• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny flush

Mike1331

NAXJA Forum User

I made my first attempt at a tranny flush last night, so I disconected both lines the pressure and return at the spot where the lines get snapped into there tranny bungs. I had my girl turn on the engine for 5 seconds and the fluid came gushing from the tranny out the pressure valve and not out from the return line from the tranny cooler. I shut it off and quit for the night because the girl was bitchen. Aside from the bithing Is this normal? When I did my search it seems all of you are seeing fluid come out of the return line from the cooling system and zero fluid spilling from the tranny.
Application: 96 aw4

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mike

Last edited:
Yes, normal. When I ask my wife to help me with the Jeep she starts bitchin' also.

yeah...mine bitches all the time ;(
seriously tho...do it at the cooler, some chysler trans will not flow in park. when i do a flush at work, I always do it in N ( or Dr if I can get my trainee to sit in the vehicle for that long) See if that helps

Thanks I guess I'll have to fit a hose around the pressure tranny bung and lead it to a bucket because I made a mess. It looked like the jeep forgot to refill her tampon:-0

Back