• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6lug to 5x4.5 wheel adapters? safe? ideal? possible?

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up my axel from an isuzu and now I wanna keep my stock MOAB rims and tires since I blew a pretty penny on them...

would a wheel adapter from 6 lug to the jeep 5 lug be safe? or even possible? I called a guy who makes them off eBay and he said a set of 4 would run me $200...
I only need teo though... could I make my own with a drill press and some good metal??

yes, yes, yes. I ran 5 on 5.5 to 5 on 4.5 for years, no problems. Try performancewheel.com

xj-grin said:
yes, yes, yes. I ran 5 on 5.5 to 5 on 4.5 for years, no problems. Try performancewheel.com

5 lug to 5 lug is different

I'm talking 6 lug to 5 lug... that site you linked me says it cant be done.

Lots of places sell them, as low as about $120 a pair.

Good idea? Sure. They're like any other wheel spacer other than they have a slightly strange design.

And as to making your own... I know more than a few homebrew spacers. But let's put it this way, how many guys have a lathe in their garage?

selarep said:
5 lug to 5 lug is different

I'm talking 6 lug to 5 lug... that site you linked me says it cant be done.

hmmmm, they're local here, and if you walk in and ask them, they'll do it. As long as what you end up with is a single piece of billet aluminum, I would feel ok (stay away from 2-piece spacers) - $200 a pair is pretty stiff though..

Back