• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie rim/build ideas

Volusiaguy

NAXJA Forum User
Hi...thanks for all the great info and help so far through the search....my son and I are planning to go with a 3" rough country lift with new springs and outlaw II rims with 31's. Is 4.5 BS good for this setup? 15x7 or 15x8? Any idea where this size rim is available at a good price? Internet? I'm a local in SoCal, so if there are any local shops for this, I'd love to hear.

Thanks!

How wide are the 31's you're lookin at?

at 11.5 inches wide the tire will hit the fender/fender flare, as in it will not stuff into the rear fenderwells with 4.5 BS all that well. It will rub a bit.

I ran a 15x8 rim, 4.75BS with 32x11.5 tires. 4.5 inch lift. It stuffed pretty well. Would rub on the upper inside of the rear fender well, but I was concerned with contact with the fender flares at the time.

9.5 wide rubber on 15x7 at 4.5 BS should fit pretty good, If you want a better stance and are considering a 10.5 or 11.5 wide tire, opt for a little more back spacing.

On the front, the more back spacing the more you may need to dial in the turn stops to keep the rubber from contacting the control arms, but only if your considering a wide tire.

HTH

Thanks. Looking at the 31x10.5's, so I should be looking at 4.5 bs in order to stuff well? Can't find the outlaw II's with that much BS. Have you seen any lookalikes that come that way?

Back