• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar tech

dr drae said:
You forgot the "why?"

I'm definately considering that unless someone has a great suggestion. specs/pics on your homemade?

"Why?" no good reason. After building mine, I would just buy a premanufactured one. You can get a RE Extreme Duty and bracket for less then $200 New shipped to your door. I have $100 into mine plus 20 hours. with build and mock up.

Mine is 1/4" and 3/16" bracket. RE Large SF joint, 1"x14 threaded rod, 1.75" OD .25 wall DOM, and poly bushing 2"x1.5" with 9/16" bolt. And no bends on 3.5" lift. And to those who didn't think it would fit:moon: :wave1:

I have no pics. My camera broke. Honest ;) Michael, Ryan and Jeremy will back me up.

Homemade:D

"Why?" no good reason. After building mine, I would just buy a premanufactured one. You can get a RE Extreme Duty and bracket for less then $200 New shipped to your door. I have $100 into mine plus 20 hours. with build and mock up.

Mine is 1/4" and 3/16" bracket. RE Large SF joint, 1"x14 threaded rod, 1.75" OD .25 wall DOM, and poly bushing 2"x1.5" with 9/16" bolt. And no bends on 3.5" lift.

I have no pics. My camera broke. Honest ;)

I've currently got the RE drop bracket w/the cross brace, just not thrilled w/it. While I've got it off for unibody reinforcing I figured I'd see what peeps are running and if anyone has one they like better.

RE Extreme Duty with Brace and the HD adj trac bar..

It works! It's proven! It can be installed easily (the brace can be a PITA though)

Contact one of the NAXJA sponsors for pricing...

Good Luck!

From his post, sounds like he is talking about the junk peice that goes on the axle end. NO?

DUH you are right. Forget what I said.

Homemade all the way. Reasons Cheap, easy, and made to your exact specifications.

TNT uses a drop bracket on the frame end. I've been very happy with mine.

www.tntcustoms.com

Hale

I'm looking for opinions on the upper end (non axle end) where the track bar connects at the unibody.

Thanks Hale, if I don't re use my RE I've been eyeing the TNT one. I can't tell from their site, but someone said it moves the trackbar forward on the unibody vs stock location (and vs RE for that matter)?

dr drae said:
I'm looking for opinions on the upper end (non axle end) where the track bar connects at the unibody.

Thanks Hale, if I don't re use my RE I've been eyeing the TNT one. I can't tell from their site, but someone said it moves the trackbar forward on the unibody vs stock location (and vs RE for that matter)?

It does move it forward. How much forward, I can't tell you.

Hale

Back