• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer case rebuild kits/source?

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
Lots of threads on the how to rebuilds but nothing as to the kit recommendations and sources.My case (242) has a few leaks and i have a 6K mile trip coming up in a few months. I'd like to give this a quick rebuild. SYE was installed back in 01.

Are all kits created equal? I need one with bearings, seals and shift fork pads.

What can i expect to pay for this kit? Recommend someplace?

you'll want to gte a new chain also... I can't remember who I got the last kit from but expect to pay around $80 for the chain and another 75-100 for the rest of the components.

Forgot to mention...i replaced the chain with a new OEM manufacturer chain when i did the SYE 6-7 years ago..and i have less than 30K on it since.

Can anyone recommend a good $ source for the rebuild kit?

remembered where I got my parts from...

discountjeepparts.com I had to call them to get exactly what I needed, but it was the best price at the time (2yrs ago). My buddy just did his last month and said he got his parts through quadratech.

Back