• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebay 3 Electric Fan Set Up @ $200

F9K9

Semper Fi
Having had serious heat related issues with S-10s that I have wheeled or just used as basic DDs I picked up on all the threads concerning overheating on XJs.

I purchased mine off of a kid that I wheeled with one time and his mechanical skills made me look like someone that should be on the Speed channel. Anyway, he wired the stock e-fan to the battery without connecters, switch, a fuse and just twisted wires together when he needed the e-fan in cooling. I know that I have to troubleshoot the problem that made him take that route. I have had a full time job addressing his other issues and the fan keeps getting bumped on down on the "to do" list. I have the stock e-fan connections fused and a negative activated switch for the time being.

The rig is running cold so, I figure that he has yanked the T-stat thinking that he was a genious. Stock 195° T-stat and gasket are in my rig ready to be installed.

It's a '92 Limited, btw with the at and np242. Has anyone had any experience with the 3 fan setup from this seller? http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/spikedcollardogs/

The wiring is enough to worry me!

70e5_1.JPG

I guess we'll find out. He has only made made under 250 and that is a combo of XJs, S-10s and Stealths.

f9k9 said:
What brand fans and cooling fan control modules are you using for your kit? I have done several e-fan modifications to 2nd generation S-10s and there is one fan manufacturer that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. I am new to XJs and am a little concerned with amps and the stock alternator on the XJs. How many amps does your kit draw? You also mentioned that everything is included in your kit. Are all of the wires, connectors and instructions provided with your kit?

Why am I not surprised?

Spikedcollareddogs said:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]hi reed, everything we use is top notch and that is the reason you see well over 100 feedbacks for fan kits without even 1 negative,we use the best of the best.the total amps are under 15 amps for the entire system,which is almost the same as the factory aux fan on the cherokee,everything is included except wire connectors,those you will have to get yourself.this kit is well thought out and tested heavily before we even started selling them,every fan kit you see is installed and tested in our own 9 bay performance and custom shop,we are a real hands on company,not some importer with the cheap garbage bushing fans with 20 amp motors that burn out,we use the best.reed if your really worried about the quality of my kits and the feedback that all the past buyers have left is not enough to show you that we are top notch,the only thing i can tell you is to stick with your factory setup.thanks for looking and have a great night[/FONT]
f9k9 said:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I just want to know what brand of fans you are using . I am not looking to compete with you but, if, your kit was $100 and you were using Hayden fans then I would have to decline buying them. Does a buyer not have the right to get additional info about an item before purchasing a kit from you? I wouldn't have looked twice at the kit if, I wasn't interested and respected your feedback.
I just don't want another Hayden fan to darken my doorway.

Thanks,

Reed
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]

Screw 'em with that attitude!
[/FONT]

He may have redeemed himself and I just might try this set up. Suggestions?

Spikedcollareddogs said:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]ok maybe you dont understand me,the fans we use are built to spec for our company under our name using the parts we choose.this is the reason our kits are top notch,hayden zirgo wysco are all bottom of the barrel 10 years old technology,we improove with the times and build the best fans for the job with the latest parts on the market.a fan can look the same as another fan but its all about whats inside the motors that tells them apart.yes a buyer has the right to know as much as posible and i gave you all the info on the fans that we use.our fans cost 30% more money to build then a zirgo fan,why because the motors are top notch.not much more i can tell you reed.thanks for looking and have a great night[/FONT]

You cannot rely on feedback to see how long they will last anyway as would be at least a year before even the cheapest fan would crap out I would think. Too late then to leave feedback.

Gojeep said:
You cannot rely on feedback to see how long they will last anyway as would be at least a year before even the cheapest fan would crap out I would think. Too late then to leave feedback.

Very true

My reply to his BS.......

f9k9 said:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Even the very worst fans will last longer than the time that proper feedback is allowed to be left. You have properly answered my questions and I appreciate it. A couple hundred NAXJA.org members have also read my questions about the product and read your responses.

Have a nice night!
[/FONT]

I will tell you that I have had my Zirgo fan in my jeep for almost 3 years now,not ONE problem with it,not even a headlamp surge when it comes on.I have fitted a 14" one into my stock mechanical fan shroud,after I removed the mechanical fan and clutch plus the fit is almost perfect,very little mod to the corners.I am using the factory fan and the Zirgo unit in my jeep and they both come on at the same time.

Last edited:
markaboo929 said:
I will tell you that I have had my Zirgo fan in my jeep for almost 3 years now,not ONE problem with it,not even a headlamp surge when it comes on.I have fitted a 14" one into my stock mechanical fan shroud,after I removed the mechanical fan and clutch plus the fit is almost perfect,very little mod to the corners.I am using the factory fan and the Zirgo unit in my jeep and they both come on at the same time.

That is encouraging Mark. Thank you for the input!

Well it just goes to show ya how proper feedback is supposed to be- long term!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roll: OH yeah fergot to mention it works really well at keepin da jeep cool.Here in NC it stays between half (210) and the first cold mark,which means it stays cool.

only problem I have is that they have not updated the picture of the 3 fan product. I would love to see what they look like. I live in the desert and the temps average 105+ in the summer, so I am really looking into this becouse the clutch fan is 100% engaged almost 100% of the time in the summer here.

I have extensively researched this subject and have discovered that the best aftermarket fans are spal. They are not the most expensive but they are the highest rated for quality and reliability. I think a Taurus fan or similar OEM electric fan is the better route due to cost.

markaboo929 said:

How about did you get your fan to fit?? I have a 14" Zirgo as well and it wont fit and hits the fan pulley studs. I have seen all the write ups and some say to cut the fan pulley off. But I want a more less permanent fit.

My question to seller on 13 Jun

Law.74 said:
Interested, but...

What size diameter are these fans?
Are these push, pull or both?
Curved blades or straight blades?
How many CFM do EACH pull/push?
How many amps do each draw at start up and after start up?
Please email photos of these installed on a cherokee.

Thank you

Response:

Spikedcollardogs said:
the fans are sized to the radiator perfectly,they are pullers,cyclone blade,3000cfm for the system,17 amps at start up and 13 amps running for the system,motors are the best on the market hands down,lower amp draw then any others out there,everything is matched to run perfectly.sorry i only have stock photos,feel free to check over the feedback that past cherokee buyers have left about our cherokee fan system and let what they say help you decide if this kit is everything i say it is.thanks
Spikedcollardogs said:
Some people get confused, cyclone fans, as we call them, have a straight blade set up but a twisted pitch. We call them cyclones, and S blades are called curved blades. Just wanted to clear that up.

*bump*

I'm bumping this because I was CLOSE to buying this kit, but before dropping that amount of money on something decided to do some research... well this tells me it's a no go.

I'm thinking I'm going to do 3 10" Zirgo's or SPAL's. Most likely the Zirgo's though :D

Thanks guys!

I have the same problem, and I am still trying to fix it. I ended up buying a new rad. and three 10" fans that were accually 11 1/4", so i mounted two pulling the air from the back and one pushing the air from the front, and all of the fans are on one switch that I turn on when needed. I also removed the stock overflow bottle and added a rad. cap in the top hose and added an after market overflow can. In all I have about $300 in this and it has helped some but not to where I want it.

Back