• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ar-15 for sale

slider

NAXJA Forum User
i'm selling a bushmaster ar-15a2.

20in target barrel
6 position adjustable stock
IOR scope mount, w/ 2.5-10x simmons scope
130rnd mag and 1 20rnd mag
soft case w/ mag pockets on it.
the gun is in excellent condition.

asking $900.00

pm for more info

Last edited:
A2 has a permanent carry handle, right? I'm looking for a flat-top which I think is the A3.

I really don't know much about these things, I just want an ugly rifle to beat the hell out of hunting coyotes.

this one has spent alot of time hunting dogs. you can replace the upper reciever faily easily. it is a very accurate gun. (match grade)

slider said:
i'm selling a bushmaster ar-15a2.

20in target barrel
6 position adjustable stock
IOR scope mount, w/ 2.5-10x simmons scope
130rnd mag and 1 20rnd mag
soft case w/ mag pockets on it.
the gun is in excellent condition.

asking $900.00

pm for more info

OK i finally managed to take a couple of pic's.
trimissue07dodge008.jpg

the porpose of the adjustable stock was so my son could shoulder it properly.
stashincaches036.jpg

also since i'm down in the ogden area often. i could probley make arrangements to deliver it if needed.

SCW said:
A2 has a permanent carry handle, right? I'm looking for a flat-top which I think is the A3.

I really don't know much about these things, I just want an ugly rifle to beat the hell out of hunting coyotes.

The Mil M16A2 has the perminent carry handle. the army and marines are also using the M16A4 which is the same as the A2 but a flat top modle. both stilll have the fixed front sight post.

If its optics that you are interested in, cirtanly a flat top makes things a lot easier. however its not the end of the world. a number of comanies (i remember seeing some on cheaperthandirt.com) make a rail that bolts to the carry handle and has a mil spec rail. some even go from the carry handle to the front sight post making it a very sturdy aplication. also some companies offer thier optics with the option of a carry handle mount. I used a couple on my issue M4 a couple years ago including the Raptor Night Vision Scope, and my favorite was the Trigicon ACOG 4X scope. it was a nice unit allowing a squad to have a "Designated Marksmen" in the unit allowing him to reach out and touch someone or something out to 600M point target and still take part in normal squad manuvers like MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain). I trained with that system and loved it. I was making numberous head shots at 300/400 m actual distance pop up targets and it was increadably easy to use.

a couple of years ago, these were not availabe to the public as they were restricting purchases to meet the military demand :us: . Trigicon announced last year or so that they are now available to the general public.

for more check out http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=3

now that you reminded me, i should see if i can find my old weapons qualification form (AF FM 522) for gits and shiggles.

the scope that is included with the gun has the mount stewie is talking about. if i can get home in time i'll snap some pics. any scope with a picatinny or weaver base will mount to the gun. you can also use the iron sights under the mount. it is very accurate with the scope, or someone that knows how to use the sights properly. the praire dogs hate this setup.

I have seen some scopes that mount to the carry handle, but they are so high up that it *seems* hard to use. But the problem is that I've never used one or even seen one in the gun stores around with a scope up like that. Head shots at 300M is fine for coyotes, I don't typically shoot that far anyway.

Also, *cough-cough*... I WON'T be spending $1K on whatever scope I put on it. Coyotes die just as dead with a $300 scope and Leupold will replace it after the dog knocks it down a cliff. Or a fat guy falls on it.

Slider-
If you still have it next time I see you (I should be going to help place geocaches on the 7th) maybe I'll take a few shots and see how I like the setup.

even if i don't have this one, i have an m4 with kind of the same set up. you could try that one. the scope is kinda high but not as bad as i thought it would be. but it is also not super expensive to replace the upper receiver with a flat top design.

Back