• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to lengthen front seat track

Dustins94Country

NAXJA Forum User
This may seem like an odd question, but hopefully someone knows what I am talking about. I normally have the bottom cushion of my rear seat removed, allowing for a flat floor when I fold the rear upper cushion down. This makes it just a tad too short still for sleeping in the XJ. If I were able to slide the front seat up a few more inches, I'd be in heaven. Anyone have a suggestion or know of a replacement seat with a longer track?

Thanks!
'94 Country

Well, here is my suggestion. Try and find a two door at the pic-a-part and grab the seats. They will fold down and give you a little more head (or foot) room.

They were selling kits to make it go back more for extra room for tall guys while driving. But make it up yourself. All the kit was made of was two 1.5"x1/4" flat steel with holes drilled to suit the seat to rail bolt pattern and with an extra set 2" further back. You could do the same but with but turn them around. But you will loose 2" of rear travel normally when driving so unless not using that travel now, not a good idea.

Back