• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Elves will be busy bending for christmas

juryrigjalopy

NAXJA Forum User
Gonna order the tubetek tube bender tomorrow for santa. Heard some good things about it and it's $400 shipped. good info here about the bender. Seat mounts and shock hoops are on the "to do" list, what does everyone else wan't bent for christmas?
NewBender%20007.jpg

I wanna exo

I wanna come over with a case of beer, find a shady spot, and watch you studs pull that thing thru 180 degrees.

On a piece of 2 inch...

.188 wall...

Ok, so two cases. And no lame ass "I only have an inch and three quarters die" excuses.

:D

--ron

lol

Captain Ron said:
I wanna come over with a case of beer, find a shady spot, and watch you studs pull that thing thru 180 degrees.

On a piece of 2 inch...

.188 wall...

Ok, so two cases. And no lame ass "I only have an inch and three quarters die" excuses.

--ron

You all have seen Ron's bender?
If you haven't...lets just say that it is the 'pimp' version of a bender.
The F*ing thing is fully automated and programmable!
He is more spoiled than I am!
Yeah, I'm not kidding!!

Rick

Cowboydoc said:
What size can you bend with that thing? I can't use the link, I'm on a government computer right now.

Up to 2"OD Tubing

from tubetek:
"Welcome to TubeTek. Our benders and dies are made entirely in the USA using premium materials and CNC manufacturing technology. We hold the tightest tolerances of any bender manufacturer for hole locations, finishes, and sizes because those holes and their locations are the key to smooth operation and repeatable bends.TubeTek benders have the capacity to bend 2" OD tubing or 1.5" Schedule 40 pipe. Whether you're building handrails or rollbars, sand buggies or race cars, the TubeTek bender can accomodate your bending needs. Take a look inside and compare our prices to those of other similar benders and dies and you'll also see we have the
BEST PRICES IN THE INDUSTRY FOR BENDERS AND DIES AND THE LOWEST SHIPPING COSTS."

Jump This said:
You all have seen Ron's bender?
If you haven't...lets just say that it is the 'pimp' version of a bender.
The F*ing thing is fully automated and programmable!
He is more spoiled than I am!
Yeah, I'm not kidding!!

Rick

So are you saying that Captain Ron should be called Captain Pole? cuz he can show that pole who's boss?

Captain Ron said:

On a piece of 2 inch...

.188 wall...

--ron
When it comes to pulling that 180 I have a very large son for that purpose,he is known as "Tugboat"(Juryrigjolpy).........SANTA

i have used that bender,
ive used it for 1 3/4 .120 4130. it works really well, it took some effort , but i think two elves should handle it. but even two elves cant carry it...

id like to run that hippie over in a semi for christmas.....

show her to not support the armed forces.

jeeperjohn said:
How about Cheryl Crow?

looks exactly like the JD Squared Model 3 that Ive spent many hours cranking on... very very good design... just remember to flip the following die over for wall thicknesses less than .095 (i learned this after many a kinky tube)

as for the 2" .188 wall... Ill bend a 180* for a case of beer... just need to get me a long pipe... :gee:

cant be *too* much harder than bending 1-3/8" .188 wall 4130

XJ_ranger said:
looks exactly like the JD Squared Model 3 that Ive spent many hours cranking on... very very good design... just remember to flip the following die over for wall thicknesses less than .095 (i learned this after many a kinky tube)

as for the 2" .188 wall... Ill bend a 180* for a case of beer... just need to get me a long pipe... :gee:

cant be *too* much harder than bending 1-3/8" .188 wall 4130

It's allways nice to get a good report on something,I'm thinking for the projects I got going it will be ok........SANTA

I came equipped with an extension pole long enough that can bend 2" .188 wall in my sleep.

Captain Ron said:

On a piece of 2 inch...

.188 wall...

--ron

Back