• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPS

Alienspecimen

NAXJA Forum User
I cannot find the section in the FSM that describes the operation and test procedure for the TPS.
I have the 2000 FSM, but my Jeep is 99 if that matters.
Thanks in advance
Boris

According to my 99 FSM, the output voltage from the center wire of the TPS should be between .26 volts and .95 volts at idle postition. At WOT, TPS output voltage must be less than 4.49 volts. The output voltage should increase gradually from idle to WOT.

Dave

try the fuel section
testing is simple i guess, just voltage testing the connectors
do you have a check engine light on or something?

dumbagain said:
try the fuel section
testing is simple i guess, just voltage testing the connectors
do you have a check engine light on or something?
Bucking, when I take my foot off the pedal, the RPMs go to idle in 0 time and it feels like someone took all the power off the engine. From search I found out that might be defective/ill adjusted TPS.
I have described the whole drama in the past here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72475
The guy who worked on it messed with the TPS voltages. Granted, it seems that the computer was trying to adjust for the condition and with the time it is less pronounced, but it still exists.
Also when I start the engine, no matter how cold it is, it "RPM's" at idle i.e. around 800, as opposed to 1100 at start and then go down to 800 after it warms up a little.
Thanks
Boris

Your Jeep does not have an adjustable TPS. Just grab a voltmeter and see if it's within spec. If it's throwing whacky voltage readings, that's likely your problem.

As for your cold-start RPM's, that's more likely your IAC motor that is either dirty/sticky or just plain bad.

Dave

CantonXJ said:
Your Jeep does not have an adjustable TPS. Just grab a voltmeter and see if it's within spec. If it's throwing whacky voltage readings, that's likely your problem.

As for your cold-start RPM's, that's more likely your IAC motor that is either dirty/sticky or just plain bad.

Dave
Sorry,
What is an IAC motor?...searched, but gave me too many results...
Thanks
Boris

Back