• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys BB...shackles or AAl?

Motorvated

NAXJA Forum User
I got my 30 inch mudbrutes on today...I want about a 2 inch lift. I was looking at the Rustys BB kit for $99. Should I do the AAL or the Shackle? I figure shackles can be used later on down the road if needed. My rear springs arent really that sagged, but they are on a 97...so they arent new either.

I'd go shackle.

I'd also go 1.75" daystar off of ebay. Rusty has HORRIBLE customer service and shouldn't be supported.

i am also looking for a BB kit to do sometime this summer, i heard with some trimming and a 2"+ lift you can fit 31's, but my rear spring is sagging on my 91, resulting in denting my gas tank, any add-a leaf's i should consider?

If your rear is already sagging, an AAL wont help for long....all the weight will be supported by that one leaf and it will sag in no time...go with a new leaf pack, OME leafs from DPGOffroad.com

I've got the Rusty's 2 inch BB with the shackle on my 96. No problems and the shackles are very beefy.

I have the TeraFlex BB with shackle. Turned my BRAND NEW stock replacement springs negative in under 6 months. An AAL certainly has its faults too, but if I had to do it over I would just buy spacers and do a full length AAL or even better an XJ bastard pack.

Back