• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D60's?

90exjay

NAXJA Forum User
Have a question about d60 front and rear from a 06-07 dodge ram.Have a chance to purchase them from a friend who totaled the truck.I took a measurement from back plate to backing plate looks to be about 60",so they would need to be narrowed.

Was just wondering if there are any draw backs to using these?(parts, locker, gears available).

I can get them for a decent price.Just wondering if it would be worth it.

p.s. I believe they are 60's, possible 44's.

Thnx, Sean

Did you look at where the front diff is? Thats a passenger side drop front axle isnt it? Are you planning to replace your transfer case as well?

The front axle is not a D60, it is a driver drop AAM 9.25 reverse cut axle. You can get an electronic locker for it but gear selection is minimal.

Randy's lists 3.73, 4.11 and 4.56 for it. Shame theres no 4.88 or 5.13.

IXNAYXJ said:
I would think weight would be a drawback, as well as clearence. You'd have to run some pretty large tires to make it work well.

-----Matt-----
True, just a thought.Think i will pass, back to looking for a decent front 44.

Thanx for the info guys.

Sean

90exjay said:
True, just a thought.Think i will pass, back to looking for a decent front 44.

Thanx for the info guys.

Sean

check out snort4x4 theres a guy up in mount vernon that has a waggy d44 for pretty cheap. thought he wanted $100 and its complete

Back