• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mysterious gas tank leak

TMXONR

NAXJA Forum User
Well I know that my gas tank is leaking because I could see it doing it. I know that it needs the o-ring that goes where the lock ring is on the front, but that isn't where the bad leak is. The last time I saw it leaking I could see it running down from the top of the tank. Today I lowered the tank down, expecting to see a hole or a crack. I didn't see anything but the vent fittings. Could it be leaking from these. I jiggled the plastic part of the fittings and they spun around fairly easy. Here are some pics of the top of the tank and the fittings. Tell me what ya'll think.

I am also going to replace the noisy fuel pump.

I could see on the side of the tank, next to where this vent is, some damp looking dirt
DSC00604.jpg

DSC00595.jpg

DSC00598.jpg

DSC00597.jpg

DSC00596.jpg

DSC00594.jpg

maybe hole in the line where it goes to the filter and the pressure is spraying onto the top of the tank and you just see when it runs off the top??????

I agree with Rev. they should be tight in their little holes. They should not be hard or brittle.
The rubber(seal) has a part # of J5360059 which has been superseded by # 52018823 and cost about $7.50 ea.
The valve(rollover) itself has a part # of J5360058 and cost about $7.25 ea.

dizzymac said:
I agree with Rev. they should be tight in their little holes. They should not be hard or brittle.
The rubber(seal) has a part # of J5360059 which has been superseded by # 52018823 and cost about $7.50 ea.
The valve(rollover) itself has a part # of J5360058 and cost about $7.25 ea.

do you know the part number for the gas tank o ring? I need mine replaced

Back