• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocky Road Outfitters?

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
ROCKY ROAD:
We are the 3rd largest dealer of Old Man EMu components on the planet and have available to us components not available to other companies. You must not be reading. We specified this before. The springs are 3.5 inch lift, the springs are special order by Old Man Emu. You cannot get them from ARB. We said this all before. We sell several hundred of these systems per year. You don't get to be the 3rd largest Old Man Emu dealer without the highest integrity and customer service. We are the only ones that carry these particular springs. We have now blocked your from our purchase system. Too much drama...

I have been trying to get the coil spring rate from the coils they sell here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200116083451&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

They are advertising that the products are all OLD MAN EMU, how the hell are you gonna say you're selling a 3.5" OME kit?

They have the worst customer service. We emailed each other 5 times or so and all i asked for was the damn coil spring rate and they kept saying "NO! don't steal our secret!"

Any one else have this crapy customer service?

they have a kit for the MJ (not sure about the others cause i dont look up kits for trucks i dont have)

but the MJ kit is 5.5 and never once addresses control arms... i think that says something in itself

I have been having issues with them as well , that is why i stopped payment on my credit card with them yesterday.
The customer relations that they offer is crap ! Its all excuses and double talk from what i have seen, very rudely at that!

Better off to call ARB in Seattle , 425-264-1391
Ask for Buddy King buddyk@arbusa or
Steve Bisig sbisig@arbusa

They can and will help you out and they actually care. Tell them what you think of Rocky Road as they are nothing but take youre money and run people when you have a problem or question. Good Luck

selarep said:
ROCKY ROAD:
Any one else have this crapy customer service?
I once ordered an ARB locker from them, as they were advertising a very competitive price. I got an email confirming my order, with a phone number I could call to get status on my order. After nine days I called them to see why I hadn't recieved my locker, they hadn't even shipped it yet. They didn't bother to tell me that they were having trouble getting it. Then they offered to have it dropped shipped to me from another company for an extra $25. I canceled to order. I won't be buying anything from Rocky Road Outfitters.

Low Range said:
I have been having issues with them as well , that is why i stopped payment on my credit card with them yesterday.
The customer relations that they offer is crap ! Its all excuses and double talk from what i have seen, very rudely at that!

They can and will help you out and they actually care. Tell them what you think of Rocky Road as they are nothing but take youre money and run people when you have a problem or question. Good Luck

Thanks Low Range, I didn't know who to report them too but 1st thing today I will make sure they get noted of.
I just couldn't get hoe they are selling some 3.5" coils made by some off brand company and stating that they are OME coils in the auction. As well as an OME track bar, etc... I hope no one else does business with them because this is BS!

I'm going on 2 months waiting for some 2* shims!

I too had a crappy experience with RRO and won't deal with them again. Placed order, paid, etc, and waited for weeks. Called them and the order hadn't shipped. They were waiting for a spacer and didn't know when it was due to arrive. Never again!

Low Range said:
I've dealt with Steve before. Excelllent customer service!

Oizarod115 said:
they have a kit for the MJ (not sure about the others cause i dont look up kits for trucks i dont have)

but the MJ kit is 5.5 and never once addresses control arms... i think that says something in itself
I looked at that too, however I don't own an MJ but I really want to because of that kit. Seems easier to lift MJs, however that kit makes me feel like it's missing something...

selarep said:
ROCKY ROAD:

I have been trying to get the coil spring rate from the coils they sell here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200116083451&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

They are advertising that the products are all OLD MAN EMU, how the hell are you gonna say you're selling a 3.5" OME kit? Any one else have this crapy customer service?

a, shouldn't this spring rate question be in another forum like other tech since it's a ZJ kit? However I will continue...
b, how do you interperet "Our kit uses Old Man Emu springs in the front" to meaning the kit uses all OME parts? did you read the ad? Did you check the companies website wich happens to spell out the lift kit http://www.rocky-road.com/zjtrailblazer.html Looks like only the front springs are OME.
c, I'm sure they measured the lift when they developed the kit, that would explain the advertised lift hight. (yup this is a bit of sarcasm)
d, Is it bad customer service or bad research on your part? To not disclose the spring specs on a kit they are concerned with keeping proprietary is thier call to make. Anyway I'm sure someone on NAGCA or a ZJ owner with the kit would be another source of info anyhow.

Now for some on topic tech on this thread, RRO has been selling the Grand Cherokee ZJ OME934 coil springs to cherokee owners for years, it's the front springs you get with the 5" XJ trailblazer kit, ARB won't tell you to do that either but research on NAXJA and you will find plenty who have gone that route. Just pointing out they have experience using OME parts intended for other vehicles when it makes sense to do so.

but the MJ kit is 5.5 and never once addresses control arms... i think that says something in it

So the MJ kit doesn't have control arms, it is currently the same for the front of the MJ as for the front of thier XJ trailblazer kit. I know they do have drop brackets in the works. They don't charge much for the kit either compared to a fully control arm equipped kit. So automatically assume the kit "says something" without having installed the kit yourself if you want but why can't you just research your favorite control arm mod to go along with it or at least let someone respond who has the kit instead of doubt on parts you don't have? Eventually I'd like to build my MJ like XJEEPER's new cherokee, with a TNT set up. My front lift with the kit was just 5" but measured a full 5.5" in the rear. It's got control arm drop brackets for now but have much to do (like finish the XJ first (soon), then get it running again) before I can take it to Moab.

mjgrowing.jpg

Gee , must be one of them sarcastic people from Rocky Road huh ?
Everyone else has a problem , surely cant be us because after all we are infallible ! Rocky Road rules ,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT

alright XJblue, you don't have to be a rocky road ass.
ease up on the rocky road info... no one's here to fight or make an ass out of any one else.
All I asked form them was coil spring rates to determine my ride, and they kept fighting me back with some really crappy customer serivce.
Are you an employee of RRO?

I got my locker from them. Orderd online and it came within a reasonable time frame. If you deal with them on the phone remember where they are, Utah. Fine place and fine people but a little different from the rest of us. It's a Mormon thing and I'm not Mormon. My experiance when dealing with them has allways been fine but you must be reserved. I been there on biz at least 20 times and can't ever seem to get a cup of coffee. They don't believe in coffee. That ought to tell you somthing.

I ordered a lock-right locker for a dana 30 from their ebay store and it took me 52 days to receive it. I contacted them 3 times along the way and got 3 different answers as to what the problem was.

I had a customer bring me one of their trailblazer 4" kits to install on a tj. I thought it odd that there weren't any control arms or even some friggin alignment cams. I called them and was told "we have never had a problem" I mentioned caster and got an earful of silence and another " we have never had a problem". I am not saying that the kit is overpriced, I just feel like they need to address issues if they are selling this stuff. Not to mention someone that knows what's going on answering the phone. Not saying people don't run 4" with stock CAs, but come on, don't play stupid. Sorry if that is a bit rantish.
D

LT1XJ said:
I had a customer bring me one of their trailblazer 4" kits to install on a tj. I thought it odd that there weren't any control arms or even some friggin alignment cams. I called them and was told "we have never had a problem" I mentioned caster and got an earful of silence and another " we have never had a problem". I am not saying that the kit is overpriced, I just feel like they need to address issues if they are selling this stuff. Not to mention someone that knows what's going on answering the phone. Not saying people don't run 4" with stock CAs, but come on, don't play stupid. Sorry if that is a bit rantish.
D

No worries, its not a rant, its just evidence showing how $hitty they are.
They not only have horrible customer service but they have some very quesionable products...

I hope no one buys from them as they seem to be turning into a Rusty's kind of company...

I ordered 2° shims on 4/19/07. They arrived 7/03/2007. Not a penny more from me!

Spring rate does not = increase in ride height. You got a non-techie who doesn't know the difference and was too immature in customer relationships to find out! Point taken. I fyou want to feel good about who you are buying from, vote with your $'s. I would complain to the Better Business Bureau

F9K9 said:
I ordered 2° shims on 4/19/07. They arrived 7/03/2007. Not a penny more from me!

Ordered some quick release mud flaps going on 30 days ago. Emailed them 2 weeks ago and they said they were on their way. Since when did UPS start taking that long to ship something so light? Something's fishy and I think it's coming from RRO. :eek:

Back