• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can I....

Funrover

NAXJA Forum User
Take seats from a mustang and mount them to the seat craddle? I heard I ca also use a cavaler or sunfire.... is this true? Has anyone done this?

Funrover said:
Take seats from a mustang and mount them to the seat craddle? I heard I ca also use a cavaler or sunfire.... is this true? Has anyone done this?
not to sound vage but you can do anything with a little know how and possibly a welder. If you really want FORD seats in you jeep go for it

Well.. I know that...... Welders are fun... But I have heard it is almost a straight bolt on....... only a hole or 2 needed!

The Ford seat thing works, IF your seat brackets are FLAT. The XJs' are not. I believe that what you "heard" is from the CJ,YJ,TJ crowd, as I did this to my old CJ using the Aerostar seats. And, yes, they bolted up with only 2 holes being redone.

ren said:
The Ford seat thing works, IF your seat brackets are FLAT. The XJs' are not. I believe that what you "heard" is from the CJ,YJ,TJ crowd, as I did this to my old CJ using the Aerostar seats. And, yes, they bolted up with only 2 holes being redone.

Figures..BUMMER........... So is there any that will bolt up like that to the XJ?

Have you considered "re-working" the XJ base? Try adding some 1/8 angle iron running side/side maybe?

As long as the seat is narrow enough to fit between the console and door, any seat can be modified to fit. Most of them are pretty easy. Get your old brackets and tracks mounted in the truck. Get the new seat and tracks.

If there is a contour on one set of brackets that will not match the other, you will have to make a spacer(or a set of spacers) This might require a couple test fits. Always make your spacers out of thicker material then the seat brackets(no thin square tube set on it's side!) and use Grade-8 bolts nuts and washers when you do the final install.

Back