• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire pressure?

jeepjay90

NAXJA Forum User
first time on the beach with the 36irok radials with no problems. anyway after airing back up to 30lbs like the said, my steering feels like crap when im turning. ? is does it have to be exactly 30, or would a litttle less or more make it feel this way. by the way it feels like when i had my old steering and bad alignment, when your turning it feels like its fighting u. and i didnt hit anything to put it out of wack.

hey, it all depends on what your doing out in the sand. In my xj i run a little smaller tires, 31's. when i take it out to the sand i run 4 pounds of air. it really feels really light with 4 psi on the dirt plus w that small psi i can go almost every where in the sand in 2wd or simply in 4 hi, dont need 4 low for nothing.

dss said:
hey, it all depends on what your doing out in the sand. In my xj i run a little smaller tires, 31's. when i take it out to the sand i run 4 pounds of air. it really feels really light with 4 psi on the dirt plus w that small psi i can go almost every where in the sand in 2wd or simply in 4 hi, dont need 4 low for nothing.

You must be running bead locks right?

no im running the stock diff, no mods to it yet. i have never had a prob with them yet. that what i run all the time and it woks great for me.

he wasnt talkin about locking differentials, beadlocks "lock" the bead of your tire on the rim...

he probly can get away with 4psi on 31s in the sand w/o beadlocks

-Tim

i do want to get some beadlocks, but ive heard from some people that mounted beadlocks to rims w/o bead locks that there a drag, that they keep on falling off. i just think there not mountin them on right.

they are a little heavy, i usually see people put on 8 inch, but i dont like the look of the tire. looks to skinny.(in my opinion)

no there not stock rim a/f. no that u mention it i have, my tire demounted yesterday, messing aroung, took a turn too fast in the sand and the sand took it off.

dss said:
i do want to get some beadlocks, but ive heard from some people that mounted beadlocks to rims w/o bead locks that there a drag, that they keep on falling off. i just think there not mountin them on right.

falling off???

yeah , i heard from a friend he was driving and i just rolled away! but like i said i think there doing something wrong. with waht happend yesterday i'm really considering buying them.

dss said:
yeah , i heard from a friend he was driving and i just rolled away! but like i said i think there doing something wrong. with waht happend yesterday i'm really considering buying them.

Im not sure you understand what a beadlock wheel is?
The outer plate is attached by generally 16 to 32 bolts to an inner plate. The inner plate is welded to the wheel. The outer bead of the tire is sandwiched between the 2 plates.They cant fall off and roll away!
Hope this helps!

yes i know, but, they put those that i think are just for looks, i think they only mount to the outer part of the tire with small screws, they are not real bead locks. i just though those would help out a little maybe, because i dont usually carry a spear on the xj, so its a drag to go back home to get it.

ps. when i go far from home, i do carry one, sometimes 2. dont wana have to be stranded away from home.

Back