• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Needing Spring clips

Cowboydoc

NAXJA Forum User
Hey...does anyopne know where they still sell leaf spring clamps? I'm in Oceanside, and they don't sell them down here anymore. Although one lovely fellow told me he would make them for 40 bones a piece. Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm trying to finish the bastard pack so I can get the beast up a bit.

Doc

find a spring shop, our local one is called Betts spring and truck parts. Yours may varry. Ive also been able to order them through napa but they were slow since its a odd item for them

Call RE or one of the spring shops, Deaver is in OC. Maybe they can get you some shipped out today, over-night... not sure on costs though.

I've seen them at kragan and auto zone

Thanks guys! I tried all of the spring shops out here, they want between 40 and 60 bucks per side, they will not order the hammer on type that I want, they just make their own, so they are out. napa, autozone, krazen, and pep boys are all "unable to order due to no part number", and so on and so forth. Thanks for the ideas!

Doc

If you are looking for the fold over clamps there is a spring shop near 32nd st Naval Station (sorry I forgot the name) that does mostly heavy trucks. They had fold over clamps that will fit an XJ (at least they did about 18 months ago) they offered to drill out my bottom leaf and rivet on a U bracket with a bolt on the top for something like $20 per side. I made my own U brackets a few months ago, drilled the spring and heated a 3/8 carriage bolt end cherry red and bucked it to hold the clamp on. Easy with acetylene, I used propane and it took a while.

John

i bought four clamps yesterday from national leaf in sante on magnolia, $18.95 for all four. send me the money and i can get them for you. they are the bend over type ( nothing gay intended :scared: )

Back