• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackle

rubiconrescue

NAXJA Forum User
i have a friend looking for a 2inch rear shackle from a good name brand. anyones come to mind quick? he has found two cheapo brands that sell one but no name brands........

2" is definitly a little big for an XJ. It will put too much stress on the thin stock mounting location.

hes not cheap......tnt long arm kit is going on and were trying to even out the height f/r. we either have to have a 2inch shackle or go the ubolt elim route......<not cool.... thanks for the info before we made the mistake of buying one!

rubiconrescue said:
hes not cheap......tnt long arm kit is going on and were trying to even out the height f/r. we either have to have a 2inch shackle or go the ubolt elim route......<not cool.... thanks for the info before we made the mistake of buying one!

Here's my solution, FWIW.
000_0369.jpg

Net 2" lift, 8" long to minimize axle wrap, RE 1463 leaf packs (3.5" lift) and I'll use a 1.25 or 1.5" boomerang shackle to level out the rear at 6", once I have my bumper finished.

More here.......... http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=913774&page=2

So say I want to put a 4" Leaf out back and want more lift. What's wrong with a shackle? I would think it would be better than a block under it right? I'm a little new to the Cherokee so let me know. Sorry to hijack. It's just that I'm wanting about 6.5" of lift and trying to figure out a some what of a budget bill.

shackles help man just 2inchs are apparently to big. tons of smaller ones out there.

how much lift do revolvers give you?

rubiconrescue said:

Please explain what's wrong w/ the TNT UBE's? I dont see much bad with them.. you can set your pinion angle, not have to run shims, they're wider than the stock perches so no more wrap than the stock perches? Just wondering what's not cool about them?

I just find it a little off you'd consider running Revolver shackles but not UBEs? Revolver shackles dont get many good reviews on here...

X2 on avoiding revolvers!

Keep in mind most rear leaf packs give more lift than advertised. In most cases a good 4.5" pack plus a 1.25" shackle will give you 6.5"+.

When your just talking a little bit of lift, you can easily do like a 1" shackle and 1" block, or 1.25" shackle and .75" block. Smaller lift blocks don't cause the carnage that the blocks you see on these lifted superdutys' can cause.

Back