• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Box frame rail plating

Gravesdiggerxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have some serious cracks around my steering box that I just noticed, and I need to plate my frame rails around the steering box.
DSCF0062.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

A standard steering box plate like c-rocks isn't going to cut it. Does anyone make a prefabed brace like the one on skullver's rig? I'm stumped, and I thought I'd seen one before but all my searching has turned up nothing so far.

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

crap, i just was on a site the other day that ,ade the plates for this... arg. sorry man, that sucks. I'll find that site and post it up

Gravesdiggerxj said:

If you are looking for this plate, look harder on the TMR site. I installed the 1/8" thick units on my 2000, they should be simple to install with basic welding skills.......

DSC07666.JPG

Last edited:
Rosette weld= basic welding skills. Can't do a "rosette", then you really should learn before you start thinking that you can weld.

The plates shown do not have holes drilled for the steering box. This would lead me to question whether or not they are long enough to cover your crack:laugh3: in a meaningful way.

Partially true, this shot is the pass side but it looks like the TMR plates may hit the back, lower hole for the steering box.

000_0288.jpg

000_0286.jpg

Back