• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help!!XJ almost burnt up last night

4x4mark

NAXJA Forum User
I Changed the starter last Friday afternoon due to starter drag,After the job I started her up and everything seemed fine.Sat.morning I open up the garage and all the guage lights were illuminated like my ignition was on? I got in and smelled hot wires,not burnt but just hot.I tried to start it but nothing happend. I unhooked the battery and then rehooked it trying to reset things.A few seconds later all the dash lights,fan and radio come on again with out the key even in.Help any one have electrical BS happen like this to their XJ........Mark:bawl:

Thank John I have it in the Jeep dealer right now so I cant check. i cant imagine I did that but anythings possible. The daeler said that the starter is definately toast and they will install another.Then they can see if there is any more damage. There seems to be alot of electrical problems with this Jeep??????

I got the Jeep back and the dealer told me that it was the remote starter (aftermarket ) that the old owner installed. It came on all by itself and burnt the starter up........Nice......

Back