• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a diff skid for 8.25

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
Couple weeks ago I was attempting a hill climb in 2 wheel drive, in an attempt to make it up the hill, I had the jeep going pretty fast. Jeep is a '96 with 8.25 rear end, re5.5LA, 33"s, gears, arb, etc.

3/4 of the way up hit loose dirt, lose momentum, and my rear diff bangs itself onto a rock, leaving me high centered on the cover plate. High lifted myself out and finished the hill in 4x4.

Next day while looking under the jeep I noticed that part of the cover plate had gotten peeled backwards against the rock, leaving only a tiny amount of gasket holding my rear diff fluid in.

This isnt the first time I've gotten high centered on my cover plate. So I would like to replace the cover with a heavy duty cover plate. Ideally I would like to find one that has a piece of steel on the bottom, extending towards my driveline. Hopefully this would allow my rear diff to more easily slide over rocks, etc, rather than getting stuck on just the lip.

Is there anything made like this?

Back