• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What the heck did i do???

rooneypower

NAXJA Forum User
so i was parking at taco bell the other day and i hit a pole in the process.:smsoap:

anyways i cracked the header pannel. I was not to pleased about this. So for a few days all i thought i had to do was get a new header pannel. Upon closer inspection though, i found out that the whole front end hard "bent" towards the engine more than normal. Needless to say, i was pissed now. So my question is, what the heck did i do? i only hit the pole at 5 mph or lower. Here are some pics to help you understand what i mean. (my finger should normally fit inbetween the fan and the pully easily with space. now i cant even fit inbetween them) As you can see from the side the whole raiator holder?? is bent

picture008bd9.jpg

picture007qc3.jpg

picture006xf5.jpg

picture005mp8.jpg

picture002hz4.jpg

picture001mw4.jpg

The radiator support does not look bent. How are your motor mounts? If you hit hard enough to bend the rad support the fenders should be kinked.

You should get a good bumper!......and maybe a spotter for parking lot obsticals!

I would get the parts you know you need, pull it all apart and see what else is bent then unbend it.

RichP said:
I would get the parts you know you need, pull it all apart and see what else is bent then unbend it.
agreed, no help but I had a similar expierence with my rear. Only backing up at 5-8 MPH but I was tired, it was 10:30 at night in the rain in an unlit parking lot I wasn't familar with. My sagging rear end actually caused my tailgate to hit the pole before or at the same time as my bumper. Really f-ed it up and no one will believe I was going pretty slow.

Back