• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H4 headlight harness

Yes, that harness will work.

The harness isn't all that hard to make. It's mostly measuring and cutting. You only need to solder a few things. You'll still need to go through the hook up with whatever harness you go with, that's the only real technical thing about this upgrade

These are the same ones and are much cheaper. For my wifes jeep I got the autopal housing, some 90/100 bulbs and the harness you are looking at. It ended up being the same harness as the APC one. The one listed above is just for 4 headlights, you can use it and just not use 2 of the plugs. I still have to get a harness for mine and some different bulbs. The bulbs that come with the autopals suck. My wifes headlights are great. :roflmao: Even the ones on her jeep.

Ebay ones will work fine.....and make a very significant difference. By the way, those autopal lights are real nice! Just hope you got the ecodes, not the crystal clear ones.

jwtrapper said:
These are the same ones and are much cheaper. For my wifes jeep I got the autopal housing, some 90/100 bulbs and the harness you are looking at. It ended up being the same harness as the APC one. The one listed above is just for 4 headlights, you can use it and just not use 2 of the plugs. I still have to get a harness for mine and some different bulbs. The bulbs that come with the autopals suck. My wifes headlights are great. :roflmao: Even the ones on her jeep.

Yep, they sell that same harness on summit for $32.39

i had those headlights and loved them...never got around to upgrading the bulbs but the cutoff and beam pattern was significantly better than stock and even silverstars. i bought the apc wiring harness to put on with bulbs but never had the chance to do the easy install so it's just sitting here. i actually have it f/s in my thread in nac forum if anyone wants to put it to use. (sorry to go OT)

IPF Fatboys and housings, anything else is a waste of money cause you will always dream about having the best. Seriously, I tried alot, wasted alot of money and have now been happy with the IPFs.

i just got mine in the mail today. i'm gonna put them in with the bulbs they came with and the stock harness, just cause i want to see how much better they are. but i am definitely going to buy new bulbs and get a better harness soon.

true e-codes are about 100 bucks i have had 2 or three of those type and than spent the money for thhe real deal and there is a big diff the cutoff was way sharper to me the diff was night and day but ya get what ya pay for jus my two cents

I spoke with some employees at autozone/kragen who tell me that the APC harness that linked earlier was a bad choice. They say they used to be a vendor once for the harness's made by APC then numerous customers came in and started complaining that the harness's got fried because the quality of APC's stuff was not up to par. They ended up issuing a refund and they no longer sell the APC harness.
heads up!

I will say that I got the crystal ones, and am more than happy with them.
I have some 55/60 "cool blue" h4's and am more than happy with them.
I can see the better part of 300 yards at night on high, around 175 on low.
Given the area I live, I have spotted deer some 50 yards off the side of the road where others did not see them at all.

Granted anything is better than stock, but I like mine alot. Eventhough I do plan on upgrading the harness and going with glass housing with 90/100's or better.

selarep said:
I spoke with some employees at autozone/kragen who tell me that the APC harness that linked earlier was a bad choice. They say they used to be a vendor once for the harness's made by APC then numerous customers came in and started complaining that the harness's got fried because the quality of APC's stuff was not up to par. They ended up issuing a refund and they no longer sell the APC harness.
heads up!

It went for under $20 shipped so even if its not quite up to par I'm sure the relays and other components could be replaced with better if needed. Summit sells the same kit for $43 shipped and for that price I would expect it to be somewhat decent. I tend not to trust the employees at Kragen or Autozone as most of them don't know what they are talking about. I also think that Summit is a little more reputable and for so cheap I still say the harness is worth a try.

Back