• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crossmember stud removal

scott_m_c

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys...

I removed the passenger side stud with the crossmember still in place...the stud's larger middle fit through the hole.
The drivers side however looks different. The hole in the crossmemberis the same size as the stud's threads. Is the stud the same as the passenger side, with a larger middle section? Do I have to remove the crossmember to get this stud out?

Last edited:
Should be the same, as long as nobody has replaced it with something else. Both sides were the same on my 99. I had to weld a nut on each side, double nut trick and stud removers dont work here in upstate NY. Damn salt.

suprisingly the double nut trick and some bg in-force worked to get mine out last week. Sprayed em, wacked em with a deadblow and wrenched, the first one came out with ease, the other side I had to double nut and tighten it to break the seal and then it backed right out. I am suprised though the jeep spent its whole life in north jersey too and at 200k its really has minimal rust for a 15 year old jeep.

Back